Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 37

I think I have to concede defeat at the moment.  Our patch has given up about 80% of the summer produce.  We really don't have a lot to pick at the moment which is a result mainly because of the way I planted the original 2 grow beds.  We planted them at the same time which meant we were harvesting from them both at the same time.

My new plan is to use all 4 grow beds in a rotating fashion.  As we sow the 1st growbed the 2nd will be at seedling stage, the 3rd at almost ready to harvest and the 4th will be what we are eating from.  I can see this as the way to move forward and keep a constant supply.   So for the moment we will just keep you updated on the progress of our just sowed bed and the bed that is at seedling stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment