Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 79


When all the cows were sleeping
And the sun had gone to bed

Up jumped the scarecrow
And this is what he said!

I'm a dingle, dangle scarecrow
With a flippy floppy hat

I can shake my hands like this
And shake my feet like that!

My daughter has been singing that song for the last few weeks so we decided to make a scarecrow today.  We are using "the patch" as a way of teaching our kids about where our food comes from.  How it grows when it grows etc.  We are trying to make it fun for them too and things like the scarecrow are ways they can join in and have some fun.



This is a photo for Chris who was asking about more photos of the whole system.  This one shows a little more of the system we have built.  I'll try and get an even better one soon.


We welcome comments on any part of what we are doing.  Feel free to ask questions or even just let us know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment