Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 69



Today I ordered a heap of heirloom seeds and there's a few reasons for this.  


I want to grow things as they were many years ago before they were modified to suit transport methods etc.  To grow things I have never eaten or seen before to open up our food tastes and I'd like to learn seed saving so we can plant from what we grow each season.  By using heirloom seeds we have a better chance of growing from seeds produced in the garden.


The seeds I have ordered are Aquadulce Broad Bean,  Purple Podded Pea,  Purple Dragon Carrot, Medio Enana de la Halle Brussel Sprouts,  Cherokee Wax Butter Bean,  Red Russian Kale,  All Red Leaf  Amaranth,  Superschmelz Kohl Rabi,  Autumn Giant Leek and Sicilian Violet Cauliflower.

They all sound very exotic and different and I cant wait to have them growing in the patch.  They are all suitable for the current season so we will plant as soon as possible over the next few weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment